The holidays are here and there’s so much to do in the Greater Houston area! There are so many Houston holiday events, festivals, and shows that are filled with the best aspects of winter, from dazzling light displays to decadent hot chocolate. No matter where you’re located in Greater Houston, you are sure to find a holiday event somewhere nearby. Get ready for a season of cheer at one, many, or all of the exciting events compiled in this list below!
Celebrate the holiday season by attending a show put on by the Houston Ballet. The talented crew is back for another year of performing The Nutcracker, where guests can indulge in outstanding dancing, music, and visuals all through the night. The Nutcracker will be open for a month straight, with a variety of ticket prices and seat options.
- Date: November 26 to December 24
- Price: Tickets start at $27
- Location: Wortham Theater, 501 Texas Ave, Houston, TX 77002
Head on over to Discovery Green to take part in their ICE event that occurs every November and December. The stunning park is transformed into an outdoor ice rink where people of all ages can enjoy a night of skating under the stars. There are many themed nights to attend, plus Cheap Skate Mondays where tickets are only $8 with skates included!
- Date: November 12 to January 30, 2022
- Price: $15 admission, skate rental included
- Location: 1500 McKinney St, Houston, TX 77010
The Moody Gardens is putting on their annual Festival of Lights, which features 3D and 4D holiday films, an arctic slide, train rides, Star: the Dancing Tree of Light, the Cirque Joyeux Holiday Show, pictures with Santa, a New Year’s Palooza, holiday dinners, nightly fireside s’mores, and much more! Visit on their $18 Value Days for extra savings and tons of fun!
- Date: November 20 to January 2, 2022
- Price: $22 admission
- Location: 1 Hope Blvd, Galveston, TX 77554
If you’re looking for a fun event that doesn’t require you to get out of your car, this is the spot to go! This massive wonderland of lights is ideal for a nighttime drive through acres of holiday lights with your loved ones. This fully drive-through experience gives you the comfort of enjoying millions of sparkling lights from the warmth of your own car. Turn your radio to the Dasher Lightshow radio station and watch as the tunnels of lights dance in sync to your favorite holiday tunes.
- Date: November 17 to January 2, 2022
- Price: Tickets start at $30 per vehicle
- Location: 22731 FM 2920, Hockley, TX 77447
This incredible light display is truly out of this world! Explore the depths of space at the Johnson Space Center, which will have an indoor meteor shower, a 20-foot “twinkling tree”, and a 30-foot dazzling Space Launch System rocket. Admire the starry night with a hot drink and other holiday food. The best way to enjoy the holiday season is by watching NASAs choreographed lights sequences.
- Date: November 13 to January 2 (6 p.m. – 10 p.m.)
- Price: Tickets start at $19.95
- Location: 1601 E NASA Pkwy, Houston, TX 77058
Of all the Houston holiday events, you don’t want to miss the one at the Houston Zoo! The Zoo will be decorated with a 125-foot-long Infinity Tunnel of Light, snow exhibitions, Santa meet and greets, a glowing underwater adventure, and hundreds of glowing flowers. Check out all the beautiful animals then turn your attention to the sparkling lights overhead. The Houston Zoo asks visitors to help save animals in the wild by recycling their old/broken holiday lights at the Zoo’s main entrance until January 9, 2022.
- Date: November 15 to January 9, 2022
- Price: Tickets start at $17
- Location: 6200 Hermann Park Drive Houston, TX 77030
- Date: December 10 to 12, 2021
- Price: Free admission, parking & shuttle
- Location: 200 Market St, Tomball, TX 77375
Spend quality time with friends and family at this classic Friendswood holiday event. This year, Friendswood will be hosting a Christmas Light Trail, which will include over 100,000 lights of all different styles and themes, plus holiday music and a multitude of food vendors. The Fairy Trail will be open throughout the season, with fairies and trolls scattered around Stevenson Park! The trail features a fun, fantasy-themed treasure hunt for people of all ages to enjoy.
- Date: Daily from sunrise to dusk, until New Years Day
- Price: Free admission
- Location: 1100 S Friendswood Dr, Friendswood, TX 77546
Head to Old Town Spring for a night of twinkling holiday lights, entertainment, family-friendly activities, photos with Santa, horse-drawn wagon rides through town, strolling performers, school music and dance clubs, and local entertainers! Grab a gingerbread cookie and breathe in the winter air while enjoying the sights and sounds of the Home for the Holidays festival.
- Date: November 13, 2021 to Christmas
- Price: Free admission
- Location: Old Town Spring
Take a walk down this expansive 20-acre Christmas light show with themed lantern sections, local entertainment, carnival rides and games, an interactive dinosaur area, and endless holiday fun! Get lost in the magical castle, cutesy Christmas village, and dinosaur fun zone. Eat your fill of holiday treats with a selection of festival foods and drinks. You’ll want to take tons of Instagram-worthy pics at this dazzling display.
- Date: November 19 to January 2, 2022
- Price: Tickets start at $15 for children and $23 for adults
- Location: Houston Raceway Park, 2525 FM 565, Baytown, TX 7752
Sugar Land is becoming extra sweet with endless activities and colorful lights! Step into a world of over 3 million lights, 8 themed areas, holiday shopping, tasty food and drinks, Christmas movie nights, meet and greets with Santa, an action-packed carnival, and more! The Holiday Lights event will be open in the evenings until January 9th. This is one of the Houston holiday events you don’t want to miss.
- Date: November 19 to January 9
- Price: Ticket prices start at $15
- Location: 1 Stadium Dr, Sugar Land, TX 77498
For a truly Texan holiday celebration like no other, head to the Marriott Marquis for Texas Winter Lights! Walk through or float under the spectacular light show set up on the 60,000 square-foot Parkview Terrace. Float in the 80-degree heated pool under one mile of sparkling lights, 110 feet above street level! Take in gorgeous views of the Downtown Houston skyline and the colorful displays all around the hotel. You don’t need to be a guest at the hotel to enjoy Texas Winter Lights from Monday to Thursday. The event is reserved for hotel guests on weekends.
- Date: Tickets are available for the public Monday through Thursday for $20
- Price: November 11 to January 3, 2022
- Location: Marriott Marquis, 1777 Walker St, Houston, TX 77010